Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New improved Ross




Watch this video for some interesting facts and hints for using technology. In the 6th minute there is advantages of using podcasts.

7 comments:

  1. It appears i can only leave a 60 sec comment. I would try to play with this further but the website won't let me log on. I suppose this is a major drawback of using technology, sometimes it does not work!
    However I can make myself have alot more hair than I do have in real life. That is excellent. Does anyone know where I could get a necklace like that, it is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only everything you said was limited to 60 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can only record 60-second Vokis for free - if you use the paying service you can record longer texts as well as having the ads removed. I know a few institutions have bought a licence because staff have found Vokis useful and have wanted the extra flexibility of longer recordings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the advantages of purchasing a licence. I think 60 seconds is too short to really use effectively in the classroom/blog. Children will really engage with using a voki and it solves the child protection problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think the licence is actually all that expensive. If you're working at a school that doesn't have a licence, you might want to ask about the possibility of acquiring one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My system won't run the video - just my (Mozilla) search engine? That's new tech for you -

    So, please - which Teacher Tube clip was it?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=448

    That is the web address when i played it. The video is called Pay Attention by Jsdt4

    hope you can find it!

    ReplyDelete